25 July 2010

handmade coasters

lately, i got into the habit of using coasters. likely cuz of influence from ms k.. she has pretty coasters at home. so i bought some plus ms k's mother-in-law did some for ms k's new place and gave me some.. haha ok ok.... i took them myself, she did not give it to me.

perhaps i should have started using coasters long time back. look at all the cup stains on my table. i think it has to be a mix of me not wiping my table properly and lousy ikea table quality. anyway, the stains are here to stay for as long as i use this table.
and so , i made some coasters over the weekend. bought this piece of fabric with large squares of prints in japan 2 years ago but never got around to using it. now, it comes in handy for this coasters for its regular shape and ideal size (about 13cm by 13cm). i have used linen for the base (not shown in picture).
And since there are four different prints on the fabric, i made a set of 4 which looks like this! pretty!
next time, i will make some patchwork coasters :D

2 comments:

Jellbell from Hell said...

these are very pretty!

onebowl said...

thank you thank you.. :D