21 January 2012

I Heart Pancakes

There are times when i crave for pancakes and i get my fix from macdonalds. Would love to do them myself but those store bought pancake mixes are usually too much to finish up.

I love my pancakes soaked with maple syrup topped with lots of butter. So sinful but so good.

Source: unkown

So, lucky for me, The Cousin made us some pancakes for breakfast lately and shared her receipe with me. Its simple and yummy.

Pancake Recipe (good for 2-3pax)
1 tablespoon butter (melted)
100g plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon sugar
1 egg
125ml milk
pinch of salt
Simply mix them all up into a nice consistent batter, set aside for 10 minutes.

(Note: do not mix up baking powder with baking soda. I did that once and the pancake turned out soapy/alkaline like)
(A little tip: Flip over to the other side only when the batter starts to bubble on the top side - that way, you get nicely browned shaped pancakes which does not fall apart.

No comments: