16 February 2011

V-Day 2011

I am not a fan of such occassions. No doubt i like them, but i am not a fan. Because I will feel compelled to celebrate it or at least do something just to fit into "social norms".

Ask me how i spent my last few v-days? I ponder.... and blank tots.. i cant remember. The only one i remember spending with Tyre was our first v-day which was eons ago too. That's when we first got together. He brought me to this place by the beach, had candlelight dinner, a stalk of rose (comes complimentary with the set dinner) and a trio of singers came and serenade us with the song "Besame".

So, how did i spend my v-day 2011? we had yong tau foo @ raffles city food court! tyre had planned for a nice dinner and actually made advance reservations but couldnt make it in time as i was shopping :P
raffles city was packed on that day, pretty usual given its a monday for its usually quiet. And littered with girls carry bouquets of flowers and most of the nicer eateries were packed. And in view of my rumbling stomach, we settled for yong tau foo. Its my world's best yong tau foo, which must be taken dry with bee hoon drizzled with lots of fried garlic, ikan billis, soyabeans and oil! YUMMYZ!! Super satisfying @ less than $10 for 2 pax!

No comments: